Help Identifying Logo Engraved on Crystal?

Niall

I am new here and recently getting into watch repair!  I bought a load of watch parts on a whim at an auction without even looking at them and am fascinated by everything!

Anyway... this one is stumping me and I have researched for hours - I have a few watch crystals that have a strange logo in the centre and I was wondering if anyone knew what company the logo was for?

IMG-20180805-WA0005.jpg

Hello Niall, I cant find anything with that logo.

On this friendly forum. We like new members to introduce yourself. Just tell us a little bit about what you do and what about some repairs you might have done and what you would like to achieve. That sort of thing. I’m sure others will be trying to help you out. Look forward to your input.  

31 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

Hello Niall, I cant find anything with that logo.

On this friendly forum. We like new members to introduce yourself. Just tell us a little bit about what you do and what about some repairs you might have done and what you would like to achieve. That sort of thing. I’m sure others will be trying to help you out. Look forward to your input.  

Thanks for replying, I have just introduced myself in that section of the forum!

My first thoughts were as rogart''s ... that this is a trident but I can't find any manufacturer with a logo that looks like that.

For space reasons a lot of manufacturers use 'composite-letter' logos i.e. initial letters that make up a company name are formed to take up the minimum room. The FHF mark is one of my favourites! So your logo could be representing IW or WI (or IM or MI depending on crystal orientation). But what watch company has these initials and this logo? None of the better known brands do (e.g. Invicta Watches).

Which then brings us to the possibility that your crystals are from a more obscure fashion brand. Something along these lines may be plausible also given it's certainly not usual for established brands to be etching marks into a crystal!

Edited by WatchMaker