Build a rolex ref 6200 hommage

Hi,

please move to correct topic section if not correct.

I really enjoyed watching this video 

it made me want to do it too.

I’d like to build a rolex ref 6200 hommage but i am a noob, so I write to hear from who’s more expert than me.

I’d like to purchase parts online, but which automatic movement could be a good choise?

I was thinking 2824-2 eta, on ebay, but what is a good price and how i recognize a good one? And if is a clone how do i recognize a good copy from a bad one?

if not this eta which one could be a good reliable automatic movement but still affordable?

Hi there, to really find answers quickly to your questions i would pop over to homage forum for loads of builds,,and i mean loads and shedloads of information on movements etc, also on the movement front you could also pop over to rwg.bz its a rep watch site but they are a  friendly bunch and there are posts on spotting  the differences between a gen eta and Chinese. 

Or there is probably someone here that could answer everything of the top of their head for you. 

• 2 weeks later...

Order made,

i switched from eta to a miyota 8215, it seemed like a good piece, maybe less fancy but still something that gets the work done, pieces will arrive at the end of july/mid august, wait and see!