Helene 14KT Gold PESAG Swiss Movement

The Pesag watch co  was registered to Peretz Straussberg & Abraham Glanzer in 1960, Helene I would guess was the brand name they where using for ladies watches at the time. It is a watch made for the  American market being of 14kt and the movement having a 3 letter import code for America PYP although I cant find it listed in any reference books I have

The watch has no collector value as such its a pretty generic gold ladies watch of the period at worst it's worth 29 grams of scrap 14kt but if you where to see it in a jewellers window it would be at anything up to double its scrap value, but ladies watches are not an easy sell unless they have the obvious sought after names on the dial.

21 hours ago, wls1971 said:

The Pesag watch co  was registered to Peretz Straussberg & Abraham Glanzer in 1960, Helene I would guess was the brand name they where using for ladies watches at the time. It is a watch made for the  American market being of 14kt and the movement having a 3 letter import code for America PYP although I cant find it listed in any reference books I have

The watch has no collector value as such its a pretty generic gold ladies watch of the period at worst it's worth 29 grams of scrap 14kt but if you where to see it in a jewellers window it would be at anything up to double its scrap value, but ladies watches are not an easy sell unless they have the obvious sought after names on the dial.

Hi WLS1971,

I figured the value as you stated, that's why I mentioned weigh. I listed it on Ebay for $1195 a couple of hundred less than double the gold value. It actually looks like a pretty nice old school dress watch, the pictures do not do it justice. 

Thanks for your much appreciated reply.

Regards

Anthony