Price of Seiko 6139 chronos

I came across a 6139 'Pogue' on the bay and I was surprised that it was at USD500 with about 2 days to go. I came back to it and saw that it had sold for USD682.

Watch was from Nov 71'. Its not a 'notch case, its not a 'proof'dial,  its not a JDM speedmaster. Based on the description its not even functioning correctly. the chrono doesn't function, hell even the day/date doesn't work!

Am I missing something or is this just something to help drive the price of watches up.. eg "here's one that sold on ebay for USD682, its yours for USD300".

Pic of the watch.. sellers description below.

image.thumb.png.bdfaf7663a93484e0cea4fba2673fe3d.png

This is a used Seiko 6139-6005 "Pogue"chronograph watch in good cosmetic condition, with normal use scratches on the crystal and case, but nothing bad. This is a really nice looking watch, which is running and keeping good time, but unfortunately the chronograph feature is not working and the watch is therefore being sold "as is" for parts or repair. The day/date feature is not working, however the date does change when depressing the crown. This watch has been in storage for a long time and will probably need to be serviced, as well as the other Chrono and date repairs for perfect timekeeping

image.png