Oris bezel insert hunt

tpt

Hello good people,

I'm about to take delivery of this Oris for a service, and the owner has expressed a desire to have a new bezel fitted (if possible). 

I'm hoping I can source a replacement bezel insert only... can anyone please advise if you've seen anything fitting the bill anywhere?

Many thanks

Tim

Gilbert Oris face.jpg

Unless the owner is super previous about having an ORIS original there are lots of bezels that look pretty much the same as this on ebay. Just search for 'blue bezel insert'.

Want an ORIS original? I know I've had a lot of trouble in the past locating something for an ORIS. :-(

Many thanks for your suggestion.

I've been round Ebay and back again, and I'm not convinced there's one the exact right size. Lots made for Tag, Omega and Rolex aftermarket with shockingly badly positioned pips. 

from what I can ascertain on various archive discussions, Oris make pretty sure there's no easy answer except to return it to them for a new bezel and hefty bill sadly.

But I'm still open to suggestions....

Hi Tim

I feel your pain. ORIS seems to be just one of many manufacturers where parts can only be obtained by going via an authorised dealer who'll then insist on doing the repair work.

The ORIS I had hassle with had a standard ETA 11.5''' movement in. A somewhat radical suggestion might be therefore to purchase a generic case e.g.case example. The dial should fit assuming that 'your' ORIS uses a standard 11.5''' movement and you instantly have not only a new case but a blue bezel already fitted and looking pretty much the same as the original. Hopefully the back of the ORIS will fit the case as will the strap and of course you'll be able to retain the crown. Feel free to shoot this down in flames but if the rest of the watch is as knackered as that bezel this could be a good option and who would really know the difference?! And it would be a fraction of going the AD route. :unsure:

Edited by WatchMaker

1 hour ago, WatchMaker said:

if the rest of the watch is as knackered as that bezel this could be a good option and who would really know the difference?! 

OK.... interesting suggestion. 

The rest of the watch is in great shape.

Only me and the customer would know the difference. And any collector/enthusiast looking to buy it down the line. So... I'm afraid that's not an option.  Just for fun, I had a good look at all the cases you linked to and none were similar to the Oris shape. 

but thanks!

• 5 months later...

Good Morning,

Just wondered how you got on with this?

Andrew Charles were possibly the worst suppliers ever encountered, until they stopped being the Supplier for Oris and now its a company called ChronTime. They are not amazing, but they ARE a fair supplier, they would supply you a new insert for a relatively small amount. Something like £20/30

:)