Elgin Sind Wind Lever Set

Hi All

Ok, So far so good. This is my first attempt. I have a working watch as stated in title. To get my feet wet I removed balance Wheel and  hairspring and put it back together. Takes a licking but keeps on ticking. Posted a few pictures last two show second hand in different positions (its really working)

A little bit of a pain in the butt lining up the hairspring took me around 10 minutes but I'm thinking not to bad for first time out. I need a bench key so I can unload main spring, they seem almost impossible to find, I may have to make one. I can then go on to the next level of disassembly. Constructive criticism and advice always welcomed. 

Peace

Anthony

Had it running for 2 hours. Keeping good time so far.  

IMG_2018.JPG

IMG_2019.JPG

IMG_2022.JPG

IMG_2023.JPG

oldhippy 

Fooling around with the main spring seems like fun also. All I know is the more I learn the more I realize this is going to cost me a nice chunk of change by the time I'm through. You need a specialty tool for everything. I have a disorder where I have to get the right tool for the job. Seems I have a tool for just about everything else I do. But I am enjoying this so far. I have been recording my work sessions in case I lose track of what I am doing,

Do you know who might stock bench keys? I was thing about squaring up a few allen keys.

Anthony