Crowns & Winders

I bought a Talis 21 Jewel Incabloc watch from Ebay, the crown has been snapped off and so the winder is now too short. I was wondering where I could get replacements from? Walshes do packs of 144 of each but do you think they would contain the size i require? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Will.

I see from your web page you have a good knowledge of pocket watches, I have one which was left to me by my Grandad 20 years ago, but i can't find any info about it, It is a swiss made Fancyl dated 1761 inside the back on the movement, Any ideas?

Thanks Will.

I see from your web page you have a good knowledge of pocket watches, I have one which was left to me by my Grandad 20 years ago, but i can't find any info about it, It is a swiss made Fancyl dated 1761 inside the back on the movement, Any ideas?

A pic or two might help, but it sounds a little too early for me. Presumably it's a fusée.

Edited by WillFly

Ah - the 1761 is either a calibre number, a serial number or a patent number - but it's not a date! The Mikrolisc site shows Lancyl as being registered in Langendorf in 1929:

Uhren, Uhrenteile; Langendorf, Schweiz; 1872/73 gegründet; registriert am 5.6.1929

So, your watch looks very 1950s to me...

• Like 1

Ah - the 1761 is either a calibre number, a serial number or a patent number - but it's not a date! The Mikrolisc site shows Lancyl as being registered in Langendorf in 1929:

Uhren, Uhrenteile; Langendorf, Schweiz; 1872/73 gegründet; registriert am 5.6.1929

So, your watch looks very 1950s to me...

Spot on Will.