La's Fine The Sun Shines All The Time And The Feeling Is Layed Back

Hello from La,

Made it here but a bit zombiefied have not even sorted through my Accutron goodies purchased on eBay.com and sent to my son. Weirdly woke up at 6.00 am CA time but starting to flag a bit now. Off to San Francisco tomorrow.

Will keep an eye open for second Hand stuff while here hoping to pick up more Accutron stuff.

Also looking out for the odd micro brewery to try out their produce.

Cheers to all

• 2 weeks later...

Managed to try Firestone 805 and Firestone DBA enjoyed both but the DBA was my favourite. Tonight as I am writing this I am in Ventura drinking Sierra Nevada Pale Ale which is really good as well. Hope to get through DBALS list before becoming home.

Cheers Vic

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Managed to look through all the Bulova Accutron stuff I bought on ebay.com and had sent to my sons address and it will be good to start playing with it all when I get home. It is a bit of a crap shoot as to whether the coils on the forks are ok but I have a few to test out when I get home. Also a 214 for potential conversion to spaceview and I already have working coils as a couple of repair movements started humming when I put batteries in. The accutron meter / tester I bought (700 version) is in really good condition no cracks or scratches and it correctly rated an Accutron battery. Must try to stay off ebay as I am at my customs limit now.

I have got a bit further down the dbals list yesterday Stone IPA at the Bubba Shrimp place complete with the touristy free 26 oz glass. Excellent brew quite hoppy and it seems quite strong as well, really tasty well rounded brown beer reminded me of Newcastle Amber Ale with a few extra hops thrown in.

Managed to drive on the right side of the road all the way from San Fran to LA down highway 1 then 101 and didn't even hit anyone. Incredible how beautiful the coastline is. On a negative point whilst viewing the elephant seals I noticed my wife giving me some funny looks and later on she confessed to noticing some similarities.

Bye for now, Vic

Well I had to come here to find a decent sized can - 33.8 fluid oz usa measure. Outstanding. I have decided to come out of the closet for this one so here is me and my son enjoying samee5etuda4.jpg

Took a massive cool box full of food and beer to the 4th celebration firework display but unfortunately a message came over the tannoy saying consumption of alcohol was strictly prohibited. (:-((. Went straight to the patio section at Grants after the excellent display and resolved the thirst situation. It is so hot here !