Repair Ar-4606

Hi everyone,

I have an Armani AR-4606 which loose the hands and now throwing around the watch glass.  After watching the repair channel vidoes, I would like to fix it on my own.

Unlucky, I can only un screw the back but I cannot find anyway to depth down open the watch and touch the surface.  Did someone have any idea or can show me the light?  It will be highly appreciated.

I have attached a picture below for ref.

post-233-0-08222200-1402308978_thumb.jpg

Hi Jerry,

That looks like a very nice watch and is far too good to be practising on. I would have it repaired by a professional and buy some very cheap watches from Ebay to practice on, when you can take them apart and put them back together then it might be time to move onto something better.  Watch repairing takes a long time to learn and you cannot run before you can walk, practice, practice and more practice is the key to success.

Nearly forgot,  Welcome to the forums.

• Like 1

It's probably cased from the front, a lot of Armani's are (not handled one identical to yours though) you've already removed the stem so your half way there, turn it over and see if the bezel will pop off. You can also get a good feel for if what I am saying is correct by gaging if the dial is larger than the opening in the case back!

Hi Jerry,

Welcome to the forum, I'm inclined to agree with autowind it would be a shame to spoil a nice watch for lack of practice,

also worth considering, you really need to use decent tools it's still possible to spoil a nice watch by using cheap tools.

Good luck whichever road you go down !

Good advise from Lee also !    :)

Hi everyone,

Thanks for reply and advise.  Indeed, I have quoted the charge and it's half price of my watch.  That's why I decided to make it on my own.

Lee,

Yes.  This is genuine one.  And I have the gut feeling for what you said.  So, I am still struggle how to open it at the top.  BTW, thanks a lot for your advise.