Ronda 517 movement

Help I've been replacing a Ronda 517 movement as all gone well accept the most important thing is I can't get it to work , I have checked the battery all ok . The new movement came with a tiny open ended link which I'm not sure what is for , any advice thanks 

hmn, i can only guess, so forgive me if I say anything too obvious. Are you testing it with the stem engaged and clicked all the way in? otherwise it will not run, it's also possible if you've fitted the hands that they might be obstructing each other and that could make it seem as though the movement isn't running. My only other guesses are you may have touched the coil with something, if memory serves me right those coils dont even have any enamal coating, so all you have to do is look at them funny and they break, combine that with an awkward battery arm just infront of it, and you get a high chance of a damaged coil. 

Or maybe it's just faulty on arrival, I once ordered an ETA 955 412 with a calender that would not change over right out of the packet. 

Edited by Ishima

Thanks , stems all the way in , hands seem to adjust ok missing each other nicely i was really careful with the coil but I might have caught it . Can I test the coil ? 

Nice simple movement,done loads of the there's basically only two things that can go wrong with it, coil or the circuit board.

Try changing one of it doesn't work try changing the other, they use the same electronics as the 515.

Oh and make sure the contact under the battery is on the little piece of orange plastic.

Edited by antonyh
Wrong