How To Get A Stuck Screw Loose

So I just took this in for servicing. I wanted to remove the mechanism from the case to refinish the case and I cannot get the "Detent" screw loose in order to remove the stem. Any advice on doing this would be appreciated. As you can see I stripped the screw head from the immediate gear.

Thanks for any feedback

Toddpost-26-0-53838100-1384278593_thumb.jpg

The smaller screw (of the three screws in focus) on the right is the bolt screw which should be slackened in order to remove the stem (one and a half turns should do it). Don't unscrew this too much as the bolt (setting lever) will detach from the screw and you will then have a bigger job to fix that.

The screw you have broken will most likely be a left handed screw (it unscrews the opposite way to a conventional screw). You will need to worry it out with a fine needle in the opposite direction to what you would think. If it is truly stuck then you have a problem! If it is stuck then the only way would be to take the barrel bridge off and knock out the broken piece with a special staking punch and then it may need to be re-tapped and another screw fitted.

Good luck.