Case back opener for Polerouter Jet

gchavez1

Re-posting on correct forum. Need help finding a case back opener for this Polerouter jet I recently acquired. Don't want to scratch it up, so I'm hoping to have better luck here. I tried looking at vintage openers on eBay but no luck

image.jpeg

Do you have any epoxy putty you could make your own. Put some cling film over the back mix up some putty spread it out over back to make the shape pull out crown first you'll have more space don't do too far down the side of watch case press something into putty on top to form a lever. leave it to dry and you now have a custom case back opener. Or have you tried a soft rubber ball that works sometimes or something as simple as blutac gives you enough grip.

Mick

oh yes, I see the "  flats "  now.  there  were,  watchmaker (stamped out box wrenches).  I opened a Movado  with a similar flat arangment.  used the tips of a 10 inch cresent wrench.   you should buy one the many case openers that can deal with the flats.         vinn

Wad up a small ball of duct tape sticky side out. Many use this method to open any screw case back. Some material houses now sell a semi-soft rubber ball to open screw case backs but I've found the rubber balls hard to use to break that initial seal. 

I have a polerouter jet and use a Chinese adjustable wrench like this...

http://www.tickintimeworldofwatchtools.co.uk/watch-case-back-opening-and-closing-tool-12-keys-for-waterproof--watches-191-p.asp

Can't remember where I bought mine but wasn't that site. Take care to make sure the wrench is secure, and apply masking tape to the case back to protect against scratching.

I have really struggled to get much by way of useful servicing info on these, but there is a fuzzy oiling chart on polerouter.de, and Cousins has a parts list. Feel free to post some dial and movement shots.

If you remove the movement from the case, make really sure it is replaced snugly to prevent the auto winding rotor from touching the case back.

S