THOS.RUSSELL&SON caliber identification ?

Hello All;

I need to get a longer (ø10=1mm) winding stem for a 23.3mm (10.3'''), 9-jewels, Swiss made, THOR.RUSSELL & SON movement, but the movement hasn't got any caliber identification. All what's stamped in the movement is: Premier, 9-jewels, Swiss Made and Thor.Russell & Son on the ratchet-wheel. The signed dial is 26.5mm.

Anybody recognize this movement and knows under which identification it goes?

Thanks on beforehand ;)

Russell-1.jpg

Russell-2.jpg

Yes!!! A Thors, Russell & Sons 9 jewels Premier! Roland! where did you get that?!  errr, I have no idea what movement is it and have never seen one before!!! but I can tell you one thing: don't drop it, there is no antishock protection on that one!

Did you try ranfft? My computer is stuck downloading some youtube things so I won't be able to search right now...I will though, I'm as interested as you are!

Cheers,

Bob

Hi Bob......yes I know, it's not a dropper, and therefor you can't loose any cap-stones.....more suited for me :biggrin:

I got it in a lot of 4 from eBay, Three of them were AS984 and this one......

Wondering what you are downloading.......not going to tell me more "watch-stuff" !? :D

Edited by Endeavor

Hello StuartBaker104;

Thank you very much for your thoughts ;)

1. Yes, I considered a stem extension, but with the case I have (not the original), which has a kind of tube, there is no room left for the crown any longer, or to be flush with the case......bit hard to explain, but yes I thought about it and I tried with a 0.9mm extension (the maximum size I have) what could be done......but it doesn't seem that it is going to work.

2. Yes, I serviced the movement and no markings to be found under the dial, neither under any of the bridges nor on the main-plate.

3. Excellent spotted ! But, as a beginner, I haven't got the tools and the movement still runs fine........at the moment not many option.....

Thanks again and regards: Roland.