Awkward Bracelet Removal

The Oris watch I bought recently on eBay arrived this morning and, as I don't care for metal bracelets, I've ordered a strap for it. There was no problem with taking out one strap pin, but the other end is very tight indeed. Any advice for getting it out?

Oris%20face%201.jpg

I managed - unfortunately - to snip one end of the pin. So one pin came out freely, one pin has been snipped out - but the end of the pin is in the lug hole and just won't drop out.

Not my day...

That pin must be a very tight fit as they will normally fall out.  Using your eyeglass is there any chance of working it out with say a sewing needle? If you could manage to move it,  it might loosen up enough to be pulled out with a magnet,  not what you want near a watch I know.  Unless it was hammered in with a lump hammer it should be possible to work it loose one way or another.  I think we all get things which start off as an easy job and for one reason or another just seem to get worse,  I`m sure you will overcome this particular problem in the end.  Let us know how it goes as I feel somewhat guilty for suggesting the snippers.   :(

Well, in the end (hah!) the strap pin bit came out with the aid of a sewing needle - hurray! A minor triumph for an old man... And here's the Oris with new Condor strap:

Oris.JPG

Edited by WillFly
  • Like 2

It's a lovely dial, and the new strap sets it off nicely on the wrist. Good movement as well. Not bad for £30, including postage. If there's a watch I particularly want - and I can afford it - I'll go for it without worrying about money. But it's always a bonus when you get a nice watch for a reasonable price.

• Like 1