Type Of Watch To Go For?

Hi, I've not been on Marks site long, as you can see! but would like to maybe start a small collection of probably automatic exhibition back watches. I am not expecting to do any work on any of the watches, it would purely be a small hobby, but I would like to wear each watch regularly to work, alternating every few days. I am enjoying my Oris tt1 at moment but now I'm looking for more!

What would people recommend to look at for the best items, I'm not out to spend mega bucks !

Ebay seems to be the usual dealer infested stuff. Just want a normal place to look without the sellers wanting something out of it!

Regards,

Ian

I have two or three Seiko 5 automatics which I bought for fun and quite cheaply. They have a nice, straightforward movement and some of the newer ones can be got with display backs.

And I got them all from eBay very cheaply!

Edited by WillFly
  • Like 1

I second- Seiko 5 autos for a quality lower priced watch. If you are strictly looking to buy a watch and not have to work on it, ask a lot of questions about the condition and possible service history if not noted in the listing.