Westminster Photographic Chronometer

No real answer from me either, but a warm welcome !

And the increments are 25. up to 300 ;)

Does the watch tick 5 times fer second ? that would mean that the dial just shows you the precision of the chronograph... just a guess. Then it's easier to calculate whatever it is you're calculating with the chronograph (speed, distance...)

Also, the "Westminster Photographic Exchange Ltd" was a photographic equipment distributor in the 1920s from what I can gather

[EDIT : unsure if it's the same Westminster Photographic as your watch

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/1922-westminster-photographic-catalogue-antique]

Edited by frenchie

Thanks for the welcome everyone. Well, i've learnt I need new glasses. Well spotted Frenchie it is indeed 300 and not 500. The 275 before the top should have been the giveaway hey. A bit red faced over that one.

Although a bit erratic it is ticking 5 times a second. The back defies removal so I cant see the movement. There are no hinges so I assume the back screws off. Any tips for removal?

I don't have the know how to service it so it will go back in the box of curios I've collected over the years.

I collect vintage Australian real photo postcards and vintage folding cameras. Grabbed the watch as it had the photography reference.

My current interest is restoring racing bicycles from the 1970's and 80's. Unless you have a lot of room don't take up that hobby!

Is that a pusher on the one o'clock? It is a "System Roskopf" movement with a central second pointer and I think you can "stop" the time up to 60 seconds properly. Would be interesting to see how this works as I never saw such a kind of "Roskopf" before.

Regards

Dirk