Advice Needed On Reapplying Friction To A Worn Friction Pinion

DJT2

Hi gents, really need some advice. After purchasing a zodiac aerospace gmt non-runner. I stripped, inspected & serviced the movement. Found a NOS dial, polished, new glass etc. Got it timed to +2sd & thought it was done. However, after leaving it on the test bench for 24hrs I found the min & hour hands had stopped. The second hand was still ticking nicely & it Still gave good results on the timeagraph. After investigation I found the motion works was not receiving any drive. On further investigation I've narrowed it done to the third wheel friction pinion. The third wheel is turning correctly but there doesn't seem any friction to stop the gear from slipping on the pinion. Unfortunately a new friction pinion is obsolete on cousins, so I'm wondering if there is any fix you guy's can recommend.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Decided to make a tool to tighten the friction gear. post-641-14505541552338.jpgunfortunately I applied to much pressure & damaged the tube on the friction gear. Luckily ebay to the rescue, found one in the states.

Hi DJT,

I'm glad you found the pinion! I usually put a broach inside so I never overdo it. By the way, your picture is too big and can't be seen properly...I think the rest of us will be having the same problem. Before posting a picture, re size them so it would fit. Usually (what I do) I do an automatic resize to either small or large web size from Microsoft office viewer (or any other application). This operation will help see what you are trying to show us and we in turn can help better.

Cheers,

Bob

Hi DJT,

I'm glad you found the pinion! I usually put a broach inside so I never overdo it. By the way, your picture is too big and can't be seen properly...I think the rest of us will be having the same problem. Before posting a picture, re size them so it would fit. Usually (what I do) I do an automatic resize to either small or large web size from Microsoft office viewer (or any other application). This operation will help see what you are trying to show us and we in turn can help better.

Cheers,

Bob

Thanks bob, this should be a better size post-641-14505563350575.jpg