Seiko 7005-7100 Crystal replacement

Hi Friends, As you might have seen yesterday I'm on to my second restoration and its a Seiko from the 70's (i'm pretty sure) I need to source a new Crystal but I'm struggling to figure out how to identify what type it is. (I did some forum searching but couldnt come up with anything) I'm pretty sure its mineral glass (and that lines up with what I've read online) the outside is flat, there is a pretty good sized bevel around he outside edge, but the inside is surface is concave. It measures 31mm in diameter, and at its thickest (around the edge) its 2.1mm. I was hoping to hop on Esslinger to order up a replacement but that hasn't worked out. I can't find anything of this style. 

Any ideas?

Thanks so much. 

As it’s Seiko have you tried a search in cousinsuk crystal section using the case reference?

Tom

Had a Quick Look, 310W13GN00 looks like the part number you need but every listing I have found is a discontinued line. You might want to measure up the one you have and look through the sternkruetz catalog, here is a download link http://www.sternkreuz.de/accordion/assets/Sternkreuz_Gesamtkatalog G22.pdf

Tom

In the future one of the places you can go to get part numbers is the link below. You can enter the search term that I have below.

http://cgi.julesborel.com/

SEK CS#7005-7100

Then a lot of times if you do a search for the part number just online you'll find references like eBay where it seems a bit pricey but does appear to be available shipping is a bit of a pain depending upon where you live in the world though because it looks like they're out of country sellers. Any other references I'm finding that this is a hard crystal to get.

3 hours ago, levic900rr said:

Esslinger

Then companies like cousins is 100% online. A lot of the US material houses are not 100% online. This means that you have to reach out to them and inquire as to whether they would have the crystal or could suggest a replacement.

https://www.esslinger.com/watch-parts-inquiry/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tomh207 said:

Had a Quick Look, 310W13GN00 looks like the part number you need 

In that case, it's 31.0 mm diameter. I would just buy a generic crystal. 

image.png.6d7e1cb131bfac4da347accca8bd4e53.png

• Like 2

22 hours ago, tomh207 said:

As it’s Seiko have you tried a search in cousinsuk crystal section using the case reference?

Tom

Had a Quick Look, 310W13GN00 looks like the part number you need but every listing I have found is a discontinued line. You might want to measure up the one you have and look through the sternkruetz catalog, here is a download link http://www.sternkreuz.de/accordion/assets/Sternkreuz_Gesamtkatalog G22.pdf

Tom

Thanks Tom, I hadn't found cousinsuk yet. Book marked! 

20 hours ago, mikepilk said:

In that case, it's 31.0 mm diameter. I would just buy a generic crystal. 

image.png.6d7e1cb131bfac4da347accca8bd4e53.png

So the generic route is what I was planning on but due to the inside curve I was concerned about interference with the hands if I bought a flat crystal? Is that something I should not worry about? I guess its worth a shot to just buy a flat generic one and go easy when I re-case the watch?

Thanks again to everyone for the help. Learning a LOT as I go here. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, levic900rr said:

So the generic route is what I was planning on but due to the inside curve I was concerned about interference with the hands if I bought a flat crystal? Is that something I should not worry about? I guess its worth a shot to just buy a flat generic one and go easy when I re-case the watch?

You really need to give the people a picture of the crystal so they can see that flat isn't going to work.

You to try emailing the company below and seeing if they Have a suggestion for a crystal. I don't see your crystal in any other lists but they also do custom crystals.

https://www.gssupplies.com/crystal-catalogs

Hi,

I just restored a Seiko 7005-7100, I used a Sternkreuz XMF 310.847 (31.00mm by 2.2mm thick with a bevel) (Seiko 310 W 19 GN00)

from Cousins UK all pictured below.

Fitted perfectly.

Your Welcome

CJ

IMG_0201.jpeg

C4DB4EF1-2D7B-4D97-9305-8AF6A0A26AA3_1_105_c.jpeg

• Like 4

On 5/24/2024 at 4:15 PM, Curare said:

Hi,

I just restored a Seiko 7005-7100, I used a Sternkreuz XMF 310.847 (31.00mm by 2.2mm thick with a bevel) (Seiko 310 W 19 GN00)

from Cousins UK all pictured below.

Fitted perfectly.

Your Welcome

CJ

IMG_0201.jpeg

C4DB4EF1-2D7B-4D97-9305-8AF6A0A26AA3_1_105_c.jpeg

Thank you so much! Wow it turned out beautifully.