Sterling fusee info wanted.

Any info on this watch would help. I know that it's sterling from London but I could not match the o letter date or make out makers mark.  Is the movement maker Camberwell or Lamberwell?   If I give it a twist it will run for about ten seconds.  $45 yard sale find.  I don't think that I want to service a fusee.  What quality is it?

IMG_6466.JPG

IMG_6467.JPG

IMG_6468.JPG

IMG_6471.JPG

Not listed in Watch Makers/ Clock Makers vol 1 & 2. He is an unknown maker. 

Its low quality movement going by the balance and balance cock. The hands are spade design.

Looking at the chart it is 1829. Here is a photo of the difference between good and low quality

Movement.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• Hello dear friends, I just bought old Kundo watch... but it is super fast. I need to change suspension spring. Does somebody knows which dimensions I need? Watch is tall almost 30cm (11.8").  Dimensions of the spring mounted on the watch are - 126mm (4.96") x 14mm (0.055") x 0,08mm (0.0032").  Since the spring is bent, I'm not sure if these are the correct dimensions. It was measured with a ruler. On the Internet I find several different dimensions of springs for Kundo watches. Can you please help me and say which of these springs would be suitable for my watch? Pictures are from German watchparts seller. He said that they are original for Kundo anniversary clocks. They have marks 1, 3A, 3B, and 3C. I'm planning to buy just a longer spring and try to make the whole thing by myself, but I need correct measures. Is the fork on the existing spring properly mounted? Isn't she facing the wrong way - upside down? Thank you very much!
    • That Waltham is at the top of the tree when it comes to their models. Lovely looking movement. 
    • I think the lume may of been added by a tinkerer, it looks a bit sloppy. 
    • 👍You got it John, but i can think of other worse scenarios that may sway a decision. I know people that have sold things when they were broke and then regretted it in the future and wished they had found a way around it. Everybody has different sentimental attitudes, different thresholds, limits to what makes them capable of doing something. An example is my cousin who is not at all sentimental and parted with my grandfather's watch which he gave to me via my mum. But yes that comment you made is the basic idea, just a timepiece that you value the most, and you are least likely to part with. I'm not a pocket watch fan just yet Mike but that is gorgeous both inside and out and the fact that it was there at the start of your journey and proves testament to your dedication, skill and found forte makes it extra special. These are the ones that can be passed down the family line placed in the hands of someone that will continue to cherish it. Beautiful timepiece 👍
    • I've grown very fond of my Longines 30L. Nice and simple, elegant, and very accurate.  But if I had to choose one, it would be one of the pocket watches I first started working on.  And this is is my favourite : a 16s Waltham Riverside (Model 1899) made in 1903.  19 jewels, Breguet overcoil, and adjusted to 5 positions. The centre wheel is rose gold plated. The damaskeening and perlage are stunning (and very difficult to photograph, the pic doesn't do it justice).  When I last cleaned it, I wore it for a week (on an Albert chain of course). It was amazingly accurate, about 1s to 2s /day as I remember. Not bad for a 120 year old watch (and me as a learner).