Problem with keyless works ETA 7750

Hello

I am reassembling a Valjoux/ETA 7750 movement and am having trouble with the keyless works. 

With the winding stem in first position, the winding pinion and sliding pinion do not engage/mesh and so I can't get it to wind. It very occasionally engages for a turn or two but then slips. 

Also, when I pull the stem to second position, it is not engaging in the notch in the setting lever jumper. 

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for helping out a novice watch hobbyist!!

20240410_115515.jpg

20240410_115452.jpg

Have you properly greased the parts? If the yoke is sticky on its post it might not move enough under the push of the spring to slide the clutch across. 

I had something similar once (with a much crappier movement than this) with the yoke sticking under the cover plate. 

Have you followed the tech sheet for reassembly and lubricating? It’s freely available. 

https://www.watchys.ch/index.php?controller=attachment&id_attachment=21

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RichardHarris123 said:

The only thing I can see, is the yolk seems to be a long way away from the set lever in the first photo.  A problem with the yolk spring? 

I agree. It must be it. Perhaps, the yolk spring is not engaged properly. It appears that the setting lever spring assembly (plate) is slightly tilted / not sitting flat?

It would be nice to see a pictures without the setting lever spring assembly.

Edited by Poljot
  • Like 1