ETA 2824-2/Sellita SW200-1 Set Bridge Compatibility

I have part number 445/1327 (set bridge for the 2-click, no date versions) for an ETA 2824-2 (and others), and wondering if it might fit on a Sellita SW200-1. From what I've read about where the parts are different, it doesn't look like this is likely one of them, but I'd like to be sure before flushing money. Trying to move away from ETA when and where I can... Anyone know the answer or know where applicable references might be found?

I believe it is something like partnumber/drawingnumber ??

eg. 1327 is their internal reference for a series (or first series?) of movements that use that part.

So, everything using the old short number for the 2824-2 would be a /1327

The numbering is weird; on a 2006 technical sheet for the 2824-2, it gives the short numbers plus xx.xxx.xx format numbers, but on a 2015 technical sheet the part number is "7613226043831"

Both sheets call the 455 part a Setting lever jumper.

Quite possibly.

The 2006 service sheet is totally confusing - it starts out showing which movements have two or three position (2801-2 being two position) then gives a single part for the 455-2 against all movements, & that is shown clearly in the diagram as three position.

The 2015 version only shows three position movements.

Searching just ETA 445, the 445 part seems to mean "setting level spring", in any ETA movement?? 

Glad I'm not the only one who's confused. 

It hardly seems conclusive, but I think there are enough pointers to suggest that the setting lever spring is one of the interchangeable parts. I have the ETA part in hand, and need to replace the movement. The two-position movements are more difficult to find generally. I'd like to switch to the Sellita, which means I'd need to remove the date wheel, etc. and swap the setting lever spring. It's a pretty simple part, and we know the macro parts and the relationships involved are almost certainly unchanged between manufacturers (if you can even say that, since Sellita was often the manufacturer for ETA). It's a flat plate with holes otherwise, and it's not like they can swap studs and holes around like they do with the plates...

If I'm wrong about the $8 part, I have to hunt down a new one. I don't know how easy it is to find Sellita parts, but they're supposedly not spending millions to keep us from buying them. I haven't had any Sellita movements come across my bench needing parts so far... I could also see if I can find a dateless movement for a similar price to the dateful movements, and just save myself the whole affair, but last time I tried they were harder to find and considerably more expensive. Worst case scenario, I can't find a dateless SW-200 (whatever the exact movement number is), and the part doesn't interchange cleanly. Then I'm stuck with a ghost position... I can take out everything but the spring, and it'll at least not be an issue setting the watch during changeover (if that's even a thing for this movement).

• Like 1