Miramar pocket watch / identifying movement

Hi all of you,

I've found a Miramar pocket watch on eBay and I'm looking forward to receiving it 😀 Meanwhile I'm doing some research, but I haven't found much information about that manufacturer.

Would anyone have interesting details?

s-l1600 (2).jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600 (3).jpg

I notice the dial feet screws are not present between the plates, maybe the main-plate has them in the side...anyhow the dial will need to come off the view the setting mechanism for finger printing like RichardHarris said...

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I received the watch today and, as you noticed, the dial feet are missing. More than that, the pivot of the balance wheel is broken. I'm really unlucky with pivots 😡.

Here are pictures of the movement. I couldn't identify the manufacturer though I noticed the engraving FF41. 

IMG_20240404_225824~2.jpg

IMG_20240404_225745~2.jpg

Edited by BlueHarp
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, BlueHarp said:

I received the watch today and, as you noticed, the dial feet are missing. More than that, the pivot of the balance wheel is broken. I'm really unlucky with pivots 😡.

What did You expect?  In most cases, if the baance pivots are not broken, they will be badly bent.

That's right, it's a Fontainemelon 41. Thank you!

As for my expectations, I got another very old pocket watch which pivots were ok. So, every case is different 😉

the balance staff for FF 41-45 are the same [BestFit # 351B], this Is a good watch to learn with, an old book also showed the same setting bridge as FF 114-116 you should be able to get a staff from Cousins or maybe a material house in France.....