Have a question I'm servicing a 

ETA 956.042 movement a know I'm not meant to clean is individual parts in my cleaning solution but is there a way to make them clean a bit with

20240324_090448.jpg

You should be OK to wash the circuit board with high purity isopropyl alcohol (not the 70% stuff). IPA is commonly used in electronics manufacture and repairs and is safe on most such materials.

Use a soft paintbrush if needed to remove any stuck dirt or flux, keeping it wet with the IPA.

Then dry it somewhere warm to avoid condensation as it evaporates.

I'd treat just the tips of the battery contacts with Deoxit using a cotton bud to apply it; or a very fine trace light oil if you cannot get deoxit. It will help prevent tarnish and maintain good contact with the battery.

For a dial or date ring, I'd not use anything other than deionised water on a cotton bud, with very little pressure, and only if there is no lume.

I'd rather leave them alone if practical. 

• Like 1

Yes, that oil should be OK.

Put a very fine trace of it on the contact surfaces that are likely to be in contact with the battery, rather than where they attach to the PCB.

Transfer it via something absorbent rather than putting it on straight from the bottle.