Antique Alfa Clock Help

Hello all, I could really use some expert help with this find. I found this old porcelain clock in a passed relative's house and would like to know some more about it. If anyone here has any information regarding this piece, I'd be very grateful. Cheers.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• Welcome to the forum, enjoy.. Normally if a hand wound watch does not fully wind ie just keeps winding there is an error with mainspring, either slipping around its winding arbour or the mainspring is broken. 
    • Most all my 404 candidates are coming from swap meets and "antiques fairs". One more $4US plus battery and elbow grease. Unnamed digital on a decent ss bracelet. Gains 10 seconds a day so not that accurate...
    • I voted.for the 6.99 assuming £, which works out to $8.74US at the current exchange rate.
    • £4.04 originally worked out to $5, or thereabouts accounting for currency fluctuations. Inflation calculator from 2020 (when the thread was started, though not when Andy coined the term) says we're looking at $6 currently. What currency is the 6.99 inflation adjusted figure cited in the poll? $6 may still seem restrictive, but don't forget that's part of the point. It's a challenge. Thrill of the hunt and all. Diamonds in the rough. Also, and my personal angle on the game, a fun and inexpensive way to learn watchmaking skills.
    • Hey guys. I'm currently having trouble with my handwound Hamilton Khaki Mechanical with the H-50 movement. I usually give it a full wind when I take it out of the box (which if I remember correctly was around 45 winds) Then I would rewind it in the morning which usually took 12-15 winds. When I feel resistance I stop winding - that's what my watchmaker told me and what I read and hear online all the time. Well, all of a sudden my watch doesn't reach that point of resistance anymore! I can keep winding as if it was an automatic movement. The watch is still running pretty well at -10s/d Now, without having opened it I wonder what could be the problem here. I have a hunch that my son might have taken the watch and overwound it while I was not looking but in that case - how is the watch still running? Thanks in advance for your thoughts. I'm fairly new to the watch repair hobby and I'm not sure I want to try my hands on this watch – I'm still not done butchering my first project…