Schematics and/or technical manuals for Elgin pocket watches?

All,

I'm delighted to have stumbled on this forum.  I belonged to a different, highly useful forum devoted to luthiery in a former life when I built acoustic guitars, and found it invaluable.

I am a true novice, and either rightly or wrongly, have begun my journey of learning watch repair with several 18s Elgin pocket watches (a 207, some 288s, a 291, and a 315.)

Does anyone know where I can find schematics for these watches?  I have looked on the web quite a bit, have found a few Youtubes displaying disassembly and reassembly, but nothing terribly useful.  I'd really like some printed material.  Thanks in advance!

Corky

19 hours ago, Corky said:

Does anyone know where I can find schematics for these watches?

you're looking for the this assembly, reassembly and lubrication I assume? The best of my knowledge they do not exist. The most you're going to find is the parts catalogs which will list the parts.

here's a training manual on watch repair it covers the couple 16 size pocket watches and wristwatches etc.

https://archive.org/details/TM9-1575

• Like 1