I need help on Quartz machine, Watch Master ( New Tech Handy)

I have recently purchased a used Watch Master ( New Tech Handy by Witschi), the first generation.

I am checking its test modes, and I realised that 2 test modes that require probes(or cable) are not working.

(Seller did show me photos of these modes working before sending it to me)

1st mode is checking resistance of coil and

2nd mode is checking consumption of IC.

Both showing no result.

I am following official manual and tested with a working watch with its battery removed.

The screen for both mode shows no result unlike other modes.

I have visited local repairman who fixes all sorts of electronic stuff to check if

probes or cables let out currency and he said they were fine. 

Has any one had similar  experience?

Thank you.

KakaoTalk_20240307_123748765.jpg

1 hour ago, east3rn said:

1st mode is checking resistance of coil and

2nd mode is checking consumption of IC.

Both showing no result.

the picture looks like you're trying to measure current consumption? Except it's indicating its open so it's not seeing a watch or load. try a different watch and see what happens.

5 hours ago, east3rn said:

have visited local repairman who fixes all sorts of electronic stuff to check if

probes or cables let out currency and he said they were fine. 

the problem is if somebody claims that everything was fine and providing the person actually knew what they were doing then it has to be something that you're not doing? Now I am familiar with how the probe's work and the general concept of machine because we have the much more expensive one of work that has a nice big LCD screen but it should perform similar functions

when you're measuring current consumption what happens if you short the probe's together? then if you switch to measuring resistance what happens if you short the probes together?

then do all the other functions work correctly including measuring battery voltage?

then the users manual really isn't the best in the world did you ever push the start button?

8 minutes ago, JohnR725 said:

the problem is if somebody claims that everything was fine and providing the person actually knew what they were doing then it has to be something that you're not doing? Now I am familiar with how the probe's work and the general concept of machine because we have the much more expensive one of work that has a nice big LCD screen but it should perform similar functions

when you're measuring current consumption what happens if you short the probe's together? then if you switch to measuring resistance what happens if you short the probes together?

then do all the other functions work correctly including measuring battery voltage?

then the users manual really isn't the best in the world did you ever push the start button?

Well when probes are together nothing happens..

Do you think may be that can be a part of cause??

I know very little about electronics...

Yes battery voltage is measured.

I do have a small multimeter at home.

By any chance could I use it to test the probes??

28 minutes ago, east3rn said:

I know very little about electronics..

this is a problem for troubleshooting the machine.

28 minutes ago, east3rn said:

do have a small multimeter at home.

By any chance could I use it to test the probes??

yes we should build to do something.

Then I'm not quite sure it's the probes themselves?

29 minutes ago, east3rn said:

Well when probes are together nothing happens.

when your measuring resistance the machine should indicate an open circuit when the probes are touching nothing and shorted should indicate zero homes were very close to that. Then when your measuring current consumption when you shorted out the machine should indicate it has a short condition in other words you're pulling too much current because you shorted leads together.

then if you have some kind of leader we can at least see if it's outputting voltage and maybe get a clue.

I do find it interesting that you have pictures of the seller that it indicates it functions and somebody tested it and said that it was working which could re-user error in setting the machine up somehow?