Fortress monopusher chronograph

Hello I acquired this watch to see how chronograph watches work,  as it was cheap. Now I have opened the back and find that the chronograph part does not work.  In fact I can’t find any connection to the watch internal parts. There is a button which is connected to a lever which turns a cam. The click springs look as it parts of them have broken off.  I can not find any information about this watch anywhere.  There is no serial numbers or caliber numbers. Just a stamped “Swiss Made” on the bridge.  Only ID is the name on the dial “Fortress”. There is also a name and date scratched on the inside back cover “7/6/1931” and a name that I can’t make out. 
Any help in finding the manufacturer of this watch and what might be missing from the watch would be a great help. 
Michael

IMG_2006.jpeg

IMG_2005.jpeg

IMG_2007.jpeg

Edited by oldhippy
member requested to remove it

Hi, this watch reminds me of the Cimier watches I see on eBay, there is a pocket watch style listed but the movement is not shown/pictured for reference, I believe something is broke/missing, a donor will probably be you best bet for repair......its a good looking watch, keep looking something will turn up.

This could be an inexpensive movement to learn a bit about pushers, levers, etc. in order to start understanding chronographs, but this does not function like a typical chronograph. Unless I am mistaken, this is one of the cheap mono pushers that actually use the entire movement as a stop watch, in effect just a hacking function. You can set the hands where you want them and then start and stop the movement, but it won't be telling the actual time simultaneously as a traditional chronograph does.

• Like 1