I just serviced a new ST36 movement to get it well oiled and ready to put into a new case. 
Everything went fine - oiled both incaclocs and reinserted them. When I put the balance wheel in it swung freely and engaged the palette fork, so I inserted the screw into the balance bridge and tightened it. When I did the balance stopped moving. As I loosend the screw on the bridge about a quarter turn it started moving again with good amplitude. 
I have a feeling this is a common issue but I have no idea what is wrong. Is it possible to overtighten the bridge screw, or is something rubbing on something?  Any clues or advice is as always really appreciated. 

Turns out it was the incabloc. Not sure if the jewel was upside down on if it just wasn’t centred on the pivot. I took it out and the watch worked fine. So I cleaned and re-oiled it and carefully reinserted it, and everything works fine now. Problem solved. 

• Like 2