Hello,

My first watch service attempt has gone pretty well except for the shock setting on the bottom of the balance wheel. I have a vintage Clinton wristwatch with the Jeambrun26D movement in it. The antichoc 102 has a 2 piece spring system that fits into the groove around the setting. I'll attach a photo of the parts.

When I first disassembled it I squeezed the jewel setting out of the tweezers and it was lost. I searched, used the vacuum and looked through the debris, used a uv black light, couldn't find it. I found an Elgin for parts on ebay that had the same 26D movement and bought it for 7.50+shipping. The day that the package was in my mailbox, I found the lost part. I cleaned & oiled the original and when trying to close the spring I broke one of the legs off of it. When opening the new part I broke one of the legs off of it.

Does anyone know where I can possibly buy either parts or another complete lower antichoc 102. Ideally, I'd like to just get several of the springs. I have a copy of an Epsilon antichoc 102 page that shows each part and complete assembly but they are in France. Or maybe a different spring type completely will fit into the setting and be more available?? One problem with that is that there is no cut-out around the edge to insert and spin a spring like is found on other shock systems.

Any help is appreciated.

-Steve

antichoc spring.JPG

Edited by SteveH2k4
spelling

• SteveH2k4 changed the title to Help, Antichoc 102 parts needed