Figured out most everything but these couple tools

19 minutes ago, TitleSeventeen said:

From the Estate I bought last year I've figured out pretty much everything however these few tools still escape me in their use, any one have any idea?

IMG_0800.JPG

IMG_0797.JPG

IMG_0798.JPG

IMG_0799.JPG

The first picture is one of the many designs of pallet stone setting tools. I've seen the other before but I'll have to get back to you on that one when I've had a think.

1 minute ago, Neverenoughwatches said:

The first picture is one of the many designs of pallet stone setting tools. I've seen the other before but I'll have to get back to you on that one when I've had a think.

Ok I've put a minute's worth of thought into this and i think it might be some kind of tool that is used for repairing watches. 

I've seem some online scans of the instructions that go along with HR's version of the second tool, which they call "Combination Tool" number 60 or 660, and they tout it as being used to:

- Set roller jewels

- Set pallet stones

- Hold jewels for cleaning or matching

- Function as a broaching holder for hands

- Function as an annealing tool

The long extension serves as the heating bar for the first two and the last, and then it's just a tiny set of self-retaining jaws for the other purposes.

Edited by Geotex