New to the Watch Hobby and Obsessed

Good morning from a boring part of the United States. 🙂

I just got in to the watch hobby about two months ago and I'm still gathering supplies to repair them properly while taking Mark Lovic's courses. I'm starting Level 2 now.

I've bought a few cheap watches and a few nicer ones to work on. I have a Westclox Pocket Ben that I've been working on (yes, I know it's absolutely the worst to start on, but I didn't know that until after I began, and I refuse to let it go). The other is a Yves Renoir that I made worse than it was before I began, but I still think it's been a fun learning experience. I can't be perfect right away, you know? I'm learning to embrace that because I have a habit of picking up hobbies and becoming disinterested. Not so far with watches though! 

Here are a few of my favorite watches that I have yet to dive into, as I actually would like them to function when I'm all finished. haha

unknown_maker.JPG.824448be8fc9df660150356869747a36.JPG

Unknown Maker (haven't gotten inside it yet to look under the bridge or mainplate).

missing_crown.JPG.8a676ed2a427dbbfbe95d4a1ec43dac5.JPG

Unknown Maker (haven't gotten inside it yet to look under the bridge or mainplate). It's missing its crown and stem and it's very small, so I'm sure i'll be asking many questions about it soon.

elgin_1905_1.JPG.bcab96ba83f68af929dc930d53a38104.JPG

And an Elgin from 1905.

I hope you enjoyed the pictures and I'm sure I'll see everyone around as I dive further into this hobby. 🙂

- Mai

Edited by Maianja
Added spaces.