Hello from deep diving hobbyist

pedrofisk

Hi All, I am a hobbyist and really like traditional forums for my hobbies. A little about myself. I am a professional designer that includes a lot of technical skills so this is a natural fit for me. I look forward to learning from everyone here.

I always liked watches since I was a kid through college but stopped wearing them long, long ago. A little less than a year ago I decided to start wearing them again to help me stop looking at my darn phone and getting distracted. Fast forward between a bunch of Casios, to modding Casios, to used SKXs (I used to actually Scuba Dive), to modding SKXs to building a couple of watches from Chinese clone parts to now taking Mark's class. Now I've got two watch boxes with a mix of mechanical, automatic, quartz and digital. Some new, some used plus a few inherited vintage. (Still not sure when used becomes vintage in Horology.) I tend to dive crazy deep into my hobbies and go overboard. However I can see myself doing this for a long, long time. I love learning and building skills and there is so much I see in watchmaking I know I can keep learning until I drop some day. So that is very exciting. My goal going forward is to continue what I've been doing with the modding and building but also to be able to service the watches myself. Especially if I buy a used watch to mod or restore. I just gave a few away mods and builds as gifts to family members and I think they found it the most thoughtful gifts in a long time.

If you read all of that then thanks for taking the time, I appreciate it and again looking forward to learning from you.

• Like 1