Hello from ECMD

jgecmd

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• I also find the red oiler in this set the most versatile size, but for cap jewels, I’ve found that the finer, Bergeon ergonomic oiler, 7013-N, gives me greater control over the amount of oil I’m depositing and gives me a more consistent drop size.  The yellow oiler is great for use as a probe - nudging pivots into place etc.  I’m about to file one down into a tiny tool to move the collet in adjusting beat.  Very handy, just too chunky to use as an oiler. 
    • I switched to naptha a while back for that very reason, i only use alcohols for rinses now. 
    • Hi all - I am working on a Langendorf pocket watch movement which needed the lower balance hole jewel replaced. This is my first time reaming, measuring, ordering a new jewel and I need to check with you experts if I made a mistake in ordering or if ofrei made an error in selecting the jewel they sent me. I did a load of research to prepare for this repair. I reamed the hole up to a reamer measuring 1.19mm and my pivot measures 0.11mm. I ordered a convex olive hole balance jewel 12/120. I received the jewel in an envelope hand written 12/120. When I went to press in my jewel, it fell straight through the hole with ease. I measured it with the most accurate equipment I have and I am getting 1.00mm. So my novice question for you today is did I misunderstand the measurement and ordering or did the vendor send me the wrong diameter jewel at 100 instead of 120? Another way to ask this stupid question is should a 120 jewel order measure 120 or did I miss a detail?
    • I measured the width at 2.05mm. The smallest wrench I have found so far is 2.5mm.     Just found that the imperial set has a 5/64” which will be just a tiny bit too small but a file should be able to fix that  
    • Yes all broaches are tapered, without the tapered length they would not broach evenly and the tapering does vary. Minimum to maximum broaching out sizes are quoted per broach.