Hello 

A frind gave me a wath with a not working dg2813 movement, second hand standing still, if charged spring seem to load but then not running

my original idea was (and still is) to buy another movement and swap it since is really cheap ... but for curiosity i searched a bit about disassembly of this movement and I tried to remove the bridge to understand if something was misplaced ... now that I reput it togheter, when you rotate the crown in winding position, it makes the second hand spin like an helicopter, what i did wrong ?

thanks

54 minutes ago, Speed399 said:

...what i did wrong ?

Well, the hand spins, so the 3th wheel and second pinion are in place. May be the 4th wheel or escape wheel  missing or put upside down(if possible?). Also the lever may be missing or the pallets bent/not in place.

But the main mistake here i thinking that You can assemble something without understanding how it works and what is the correct way to assemble it. Well, sometimes this works, but in most of the cases You get assembled somethin like 7.62 AK47 as a final result...

• Thanks 1

Here a photo with the bridge removed,

I found that little metal piece haging aroud, could be it was stopping the movement ? it is a broken part from another piece that is now preventing the movement do work correctly ?

let me know if I have to make other photos from different angles/ removing other parts

thanks

20231203_191631.jpg

20231203_191500.jpg

Looks like the escape wheel upper pivot is broken. At least it is what I see on the picture. One of the leafs of the esc. wheel pinion is not seen, but not sure if it is so or just light effect. Also, the reverse wheel upper pinion is under question, but not seen good enough on the picture.

See, assembling watch movement is with no force, and no screws tightening before absolutelly sure that all pivots are in the holes. Otherwice this happens...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/3/2023 at 7:37 AM, Speed399 said:

but for curiosity i searched a bit about disassembly of this movement and I tried to remove the bridge to understand if something was misplaced

out of curiosity did you remember to remove the power before you disassembled? Then which bridge did you remove first?

On 12/3/2023 at 8:39 AM, nevenbekriev said:

But the main mistake here i thinking that You can assemble something without understanding how it works and what is the correct way to assemble it.

the problem here is disassembly in the wrong order looking for unknown problems. Which of course leads to thinking you can reassemble it after everything is shifted out of place. it's extremely hard to reassemble a watch if you really can't see what you're doing or/and don't quite grasp what you're doing anyway. Plus reassembly is a lot harder when the pallet fork is still in place and the balance wheel is there that makes things much more interesting.

• Thanks 1