Balance wheel won't start swinging

Hi Gents,

So I pickup an manual wind Unitas like movement to try to get it to work.

I opened it, wound it a bit, but the balance wheel wouldn't move. I took the balance wheel off and touched the pallet fork and it snapped right away to the opposite position, meaning it has power. That's good.

I slowly put the balance wheel back on, twisted it and put it in place it moved a bit and stopped right away.

I took some closeup pictures for you to see if you can find some faulty piece.

Thanks a lot!

WIN_20231111_16_26_30_Pro.jpg

WIN_20231111_16_27_35_Pro.jpg

WIN_20231111_16_27_59_Pro.jpg

WIN_20231111_16_32_09_Pro.jpg

A lot of times with broken balance staffs which are very common on watches that do not have balance protection systems is you can gently push on the balance wheel and see if a flops around. Then at some point we also want to always check to make sure your hairspring is flat it's amazing how much problems hairsprings can cause if they're not exactly where there supposed to be

I had a watch this week that the roller jewel was loose so I fixed that it ran great in a dial up amplitude looks spectacular but dial down crashed and burned which normally would be a pivot issue but I traced it to the hairspring was flat must've been just touching the balance

Then there's another peculiar thing with this watch have you cleaned it yet or is this the way it came in?

image.png.bcb8763de3744c25a887d06cd95ef9a9.png

You'll notice in the image above swiped from up above I circled something well sort of on the right-hand side your pallet stone is out way too far normally you never see a gap that big behind the stone. So something isn't quite right there and the lock is a excessive and on the other side the lock would be well nonexistent because you don't even appear to have a pallet stone at all.

1 hour ago, BFernandes said:

Unitas like movement

That if you seeking help for parts you going to need a little more than that description. You should be a number under the balance wheel which I can't quite see or there's other ways to figure out what this is.

• Like 3