Cheap keyless works

Hello everyone 

working on a cheap watch for a friend. He wears this watch everyday at work. It stopped winding and setting. Keyless works were all bound up when I took apart. However also upon inspection this doesn’t look right. Looks like this was bent by someone forcing the stem. 

like I said. This is a cheap china movement but friend likes wearing this watch. 

IMG_0567.jpeg

IMG_0566.jpeg

It's hard to say from a single picture of one part in isolation, but many setting lever springs are designed with a bend in them like this to give them some extra mechanical rigidity to resist the setting lever releasing the stem accidentally and to return the setting lever to its correct position after it has been pushed from the other side of the watch to release/capture the stem, allowing it to work as a 3D spring... sort of. So I wouldn't be surprised if the part you have is 100% correct. Also these parts if stressed tend to snap and not bend. Finally the bend is at the tip of the arm and not the base where the bending moment (M) would be greatest ( M = f x d) so if it were overstressed (i.e. plastic deformation instead of elastic deformation) I would expect to see a bend/break at the base not the tip. So with what I see and what you have explained the part seems OK.

Edited by Waggy