Greetings,

I have several Seikos with dials that are beyond saving and several orphan dials (most without feet) for different movements. As these are my personal watches I would like to use the dials on a different movement from which is was designed. However,there are slight variences in the dial foot positions in order to align the 12 O'Clock position and day/date windows etc. Does anyone know if there are drawings or stencils etc that I can use to map the position of where the dial feet should be in reference to the day/date window and centre hole? I found this for the NH35 (see page 8 and 9), but nothing for other movements eg 7009/7S36/6309 etc.

I could simply use a good dial and stab through the feet on a bit of paper and then mark the center hole, or poke a bit of wire through the holes on a base plate, but I first wanted to see if there was anything existing that would be more precise.

NH35_SS.pdf

I think the 7s26/36 etc. use a different dial ring than the NH3X movements. I have seen I’m sure information about this on modding forums. The NH3X movements come with a grey ring and this needs to be swapped for the 7sxx black ring if replacing in an existing watch.

Tom

• Thanks 1

OK so here is what I figured out by switching and swapping my dials and movements at home:

• 7009, 7Sx6 (3.8 stem location) and NH36 (3.8 stem location) are fully interchangeable
    • So is the NH35, but you would have a blank/cover-up where the day should be depending on which way around
  • 7Sx6 (3.0 stem location) and NH36 (3.0 stem location) are fully interchangeable 
    • So is the NH35, but you would have a blank/cover-up where the day should be depending on which way around
  • The 7009, 7Sx6 (3.8 stem location) and NH36 (3.8 stem location) movements can use a 3.0 dial, but the dial feet will need to be moved, and visa versa
  • The 6309 movement and dials are incompatable with all versions of the 7009, 7Sx6, NH36 and NH35

Note, the spacer rings on the above movements are cal. specific but each will accept a dial from another movement type, for example, a 7S26 (3.8) movement with a 7S26 spacer ring (Black) will take; 7009, 7S26 (3.8), 7S36 (3.8),  NH36 (3.8) and a NH35 (3.8) dials without any modification (but you would cover up the day ring on a NH35 dial)

Clear as mud?

Maybe this helps?

image.thumb.png.726f6eca349bf36e7a8ed4631157305d.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just putting the finishing touches to two templates/stencils to work in conjunction with the above table, basically you line up the date window of the new dial and stencil  and then insert a 1mm bit into the guide hole in the template and twist the bit to mark the position of the new dial feet. 1 template for 3 o'clock stems and another for 3.8 position stems. will post the 3D print files once I finish tweaking my prototypes.

• Like 3