Vulcain via Habana!

IMG_0750.thumb.jpeg.06fa70ec50c0663b13b9d849492ef92a.jpeg

So this is what I finished today.  Cuervo Y Sobrinos is a famous jeweler what emigrated from Europe to Cuba in…the early 20th century? Maybe 19th…uh, here…

…so like the story probably said they imported swiss movements and watches to Cuba and like Cartier or Tiffany branded them with their store…this is one of them.

I always appreciate a Vulcain and this simple watch was no exception. I’ll post more photos and important stats later but highlights include - Cousins didn’t have the appropriate mainspring- discontinued. So I guessed and it was a bit strong so there was some rebanking as it built a head a steam. I let it run a few days and it settled in so amplitude doesn’t drift above 300 degrees for long periods. Also the lower balance pivot was bent…and I used the useless Seitz tool to straighten it. I don’t care what consensus is, sometimes it works! 

…Hello Polly! and diamond paste on the crystal what came with- looks great. I’ll add some good images later…peace.

IMG_0818.jpeg

IMG_0812.jpeg

IMG_0764.jpeg

IMG_0757.jpeg

IMG_0751.jpeg

Edited by rehajm
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, eccentric59 said:

Beautiful. It's such an interesting brand. I would love to have something like that from their Cuban origins to compliment my recent acquisition. I'll just drop this here.

image.thumb.png.acb4b13bb8d5c3fd307fd2a600934ee4.png

They have a bit of a revival. All that Cuban heritage makes for an interesting niche...they do have some very attractive new stuff, too...

IMG_0833.jpeg

IMG_0839.jpeg

• Like 2