Omega Quartz 1445 (ETA 255.472) is spinning like crazy, second hand revolves fully probably once every 3 seconds

I've never seen a quartz watch do this. The movement is pretty dirty, but I don't want to get started cleaning it if this is a terminal issue. Has anyone ever encountered this? Is there a fix? The hands are all progressing but at an insanely fast rate. Please see Gif if I wasn't clear enough

PXL_20231005_142702443.jpg

PXL_20231005_143521720.jpg

81jqm7.gif

The other day at work I saw watch doing this exact thing. Then yes the second hand was really impressive with how fast it was spinning plus none of the buttons seem to do anything. Although in this particular case it was a chronograph movement and to chronograph movement skip to be more complicated with circuitry. I suggested a reset and I wasn't working on it but apparently the person did a reset and the problem went away

Your watch is a lot simpler and normally it wouldn't have a reset.

Found the service manual for you attached PDF and parts list the link below. Looks like the circuits available.

And in your image it looks like a lot of corrosion around where the battery was. If that gets onto the circuit board that would be her problem you may be a look clean the circuit board perhaps but it depends on how much damage Has been done. Then for that level of corrosion servicing the watch would  also be recommended.

http://cgi.julesborel.com/cgi-bin/matcgi2?ref=OME_1445

3493_Omega 1445.pdf

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JohnR725 said:

The other day at work I saw watch doing this exact thing. Then yes the second hand was really impressive with how fast it was spinning plus none of the buttons seem to do anything. Although in this particular case it was a chronograph movement and to chronograph movement skip to be more complicated with circuitry. I suggested a reset and I wasn't working on it but apparently the person did a reset and the problem went away

Your watch is a lot simpler and normally it wouldn't have a reset.

Found the service manual for you attached PDF and parts list the link below. Looks like the circuits available.

And in your image it looks like a lot of corrosion around where the battery was. If that gets onto the circuit board that would be her problem you may be a look clean the circuit board perhaps but it depends on how much damage Has been done. Then for that level of corrosion servicing the watch would  also be recommended.

http://cgi.julesborel.com/cgi-bin/matcgi2?ref=OME_1445

3493_Omega 1445.pdf 571.62 kB · 0 downloads

Thank you very much for the information!!