Pocket watch heads - ID if you please?

On 9/13/2023 at 11:16 AM, 316lad said:

These three fobs are being offered to me for servicing.

Would you like to elaborate? In other words service them for money service them for fun give them to you? The reason I ask is the outcome varies because we can't See in the case as others have indicated. So for instance if they're being given to you don't worry about it. If you're servicing them for the fun of its where I'll that's problematic and if you're doing this as a moneymaking venture well that becomes even worse because there a black box we can't see what's inside there and they can very very very dramatically from something that can be serviced to absolute positively never be serviced. But if there a gift by all means take them watchmakers always take stuff it's how we accumulate all the stuff we have. Well at least is one of the ways to accumulate stuff.

• Like 2

Thanks John, they are now in my possession and I will take better photos in the morning.

Two seem pretty naff but the third appears to have great antiquity.

The last one I had in my possession I absolutely handed straight back and declared I wasn't worthy so I'm aware of my responcibilities. But thank you for pointing them out.

Lest any of us forget.

Yep, that's Dent. Watchmaker To The Queen - as inscribed. Victoria, that is.

IMG_1369.jpeg

IMG_1369-1.jpeg