Seiko Replacement rotating bezel.. silver insert ring?

I've bought a replacement bezel and I'm not sure how I should go about attaching the insert. So, I have three parts:

1. The knurled rotating bezel.
  2. An internal flat ring.
  3. The bezel insert.

Do I A) glue the flat ring into the bezel, and then adhere the insert to the ring, Or B) adhere the insert directly onto the bezel and throw the flat ring in the bin?

My concern with option B is there there is not a lot of surface for the adhesive pad to stick directly to the bezel, and it would leave a lot of adhesive pad surface to collect gunk. Unless I remove the bezel again and trim it off from underneath, I suppose.

If I go with option A I would have to glue the flat ring in with GS Hypo which is fine I guess, so long as I get it flat and it doesn't overflow everywhere.

Other options? Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thanks!

bezel.thumb.jpg.043c0571e187edd21710ad11dde9bcb8.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• The guy will have set in a maximum bid that kicks in a new figure everytime someone places a single higher bid or their maximum steps up. A sneaky way to win is to snipe bid in the last few seconds but i think even that was pointless against sniping softwear previously. Recently I've noticed something new, the outcome is sometimes delayed while ebay determines the winner, so regardless of what bid is placed at the dead point of auction end the highest maximum overall bid takes the item. The highest maxiumum bid that is set during the aution's open time. Though frowned upon , what i like about sniping is the fact it can avoid getting into a maximum bidding war with others that watch the last hour. They up their maximum bid then you up your maximum bid and so on. Placing your max in the last few seconds prevents all that drama 😆, you either win or you dont. I like to close my phone case and not look at the final result for an hour or so 🤣
    • I must say I'm the same, buying a complete set of something saves a lot of time and effort but there is a certain type of gratification for me hunting out all the add-ons.  Ps hands down having a psychotherapist for a wife is way better than having a psychopath for a wife in my experience 🙄  
    • Mark, good info.   My attempted photo through 10x loupe.  Not the best but an effort.  As much as this sounds dumb, the HS has increased its gap from the the cock.  And, seems to spin 3 times longer.  I think I have some residual fiber from my pegging.  What is small enough to clean out these pivots? Or is this where the L&R correct cleaning product helps?  Liquid movement will ensure the pivot holes are clear?  Yup, I have 3x cheaters and the 10x Loupe.  I will have another run at examination.  Everflex green sticks.  Quick google, will have to dig deeper.  Perhaps that is the key to clean pivot holes.   Noted on mixing Naptha based solvent and IPA, water based.  I have a gallon of Coleman White Fuel for about 15 years.  Time to use it and use as rinse.  I stumbled on a L&R Master for $20 with all original L&R jars and lids.  Just have to research basket, a topic for a different post and I am forcing myself to not get distracted by this premature acquisition and practice with my tools. For now, the main spring will not get attention.  After I put the watch together and running, a small miracle, I don't think the main spring to be a major detractor for practice.  My plan is to have my watch maker service my main spring.  Support local small business and he always shares knowledge when I visit.
    • Hi Ammar, I couldn't find anything about the chemical resistance of PLA to naphtha. According to these sources it doesn't rate too well. I think that your concern is correct. If you did a final rinse in IPA after the parts are out of the basket my guess is it would be fine. I have no affiliation in either of these companies. https://prusament.com/chemical-resistance-of-3d-printing-materials/ https://www.filamentive.com/chemical-resistance-of-3d-printing-filament/