NH36 Date changing at 4am instead of 12am

JayK

Hello everyone, 

My recent mod was looking good until the date change happened at 4am and not 12am?! Is there a fix without removing hands etc. as I don't want to do that cuz I'm really happy with the finish and don't want to risk scuffing dial or damaging hands etc.

Appreciate the advice/help folks.

Jay

Hi,

Yes that's exactly how I put the hands on, I've done five previous builds and I've always put the hands on following this method so I'm baffled as to why this date change is happening at 4am?!

Thanks for the reply.

It might be rubbing are you sure the date change isn't bent and that it is seated correctly. I wonder if the dial is catching so look at the dial feet to see if they sit correctly in there holes. Should it have a tension washer that goes over the hour wheel is that missing or if its got one is it good.

Seiko NH movement so no dial washer. As oldhippy says the hands need to be reset for the date change to happen at midnight, as it is NH36 it has a day wheel as well, iirc the day on these changes around 4am.

Tom

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, tomh207 said:

@oldhippy according to the thread title it in a Seiko NH36 caliber, that is why I answered under that assumption.

Tom

I forgot it was a Seiko (old age is a bugger) 🤣

Is that little circlip in it's place and is it flat and not bent. 

• Like 2

Hello folks, 

I didn't get time over the weekend but I did manage to reset the hands yesterday and the date change is now working correctly. However, I did scuff the dial a bit 😞

Lesson learnt - get it right the first time! 

Thanks again. 

• Like 3

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• @rossjackson01 it's only getting harder and harder to get 'cheap' watches to work on, I have done some reading and depending on the source the prices of vintage watches is increasing somewhere between 10% and 50% a year. The only way I have found to get watches to lay the 404 game with is to buy a bulk lot say 10 with an average price of < £4.04 but even that is getting harder and harder, hence the re-boot. I see that £6.99 is looking like a popular choice - but I ask the members, is £6.99 realistic, can you actually find watches to work on for £6.99 - maybe its better to cut to the chase and jump to £10.10 for example and allow more people to play? Jut a thought.
    • Here's a little more to add from an old book that contains articles from Emil Borer once head of Rolex's technical department and designer of their movements at Rolex's factory ( which apparently they had but not really until the early 2000s )  so i guess the mislead publisher meant Eagler's factory 😅
    • I really like the idea of the 404. However I've yet to be able to manage to obtain any watch for that little. I do have some free quartz ones. I'm not that skilled. Mechanical for me.  I have managed to obtain a number of watches for under £40.   What about an extra 40 club. $, £ etc. I could at least participate.
    • That sounds like the running distance of a horse I bet on 2 years ago, I'm still waiting for the phone call to let me know its crossed the finish line.  Elegantly put Ross and yes we do .
    • The printing material is TPU my next step is to print them in a more rubber like TPU material and instead off using the computer drawing me gonna try a 3D scan from a original strap and see how that works out.  This rubber like TPU is called 1301 but this is industrial material and a bit more expensive.  Also thinking about printing straps for the 3m22-0d39 because these are also not produced anymore.