Smiths Set Lever- Is it Genuine?

Finally getting around to this lovely Smiths W10. While the crystal suffered trauma and much sloppiness in previous openings of the case back it is in otherwise excellent shape and a joy to work on…

The previous work on the movement shows only in a few screw slots…with perhaps one exception: I’m told these movements often suffer an obligatory broken set lever due to poor design and tempering combined with the need to depress the set screw to disengage the stem.

Perhaps due to great demand I had no trouble finding a replacement- Cousins has 400 generics in in stock. I would however prefer to stay as original as possible which brings me to the question: I’ve noticed some of the levers of this shape have countersinks yet this one does not. Would that indicate this one is a generic replacement or perhaps did Smiths use this design for the militaries?  Any intel out there?

IMG_0410.jpeg

IMG_0409.jpeg

Edited by rehajm
added photos

1 hour ago, RichardHarris123 said:

Why would the set lever be countersunk? The screw comes in from the other side. 

Sorry, mate- I was referring to the screw holes- see below...

1 hour ago, oldhippy said:

The ones I have repaired many years ago were always countersunk. Nearly every one that came in the set lever would be brokeen so I had a good stock of parts for this movement. 

Thanks. I wasn't certain if there was a difference for the mil spec but generic it must be...

sm4452_cmyk.jpg

Edited by rehajm