eBay hand setting tool (hopefully) improved with hot glue

You know the one. I paid $18 shipped for it:

image.thumb.png.bb911d06e3661c23004c130c49a54c05.png

All of the tips it comes with are exactly the same, and all trash.  I don't know why it comes with a dozen of the same tip, but here we are.

So I had the idea of using the tips I have for my Horotec hand setting tool. But how to attach them? Hot glue! The shafts have male threads on them, so I formed a little collar of hot glue around the pusher tip and the threads, then shaved it down with my X-Acto knife.

Slightly less trashy, but for $18 and a few minutes of my time, maybe worth it. Maybe when I'm a famous watchmaker and can justify the absolutely mind-boggling $1,300 for the Bergeon one I'll upgrade, but for now we'll make do.

20230624_211403.thumb.jpg.f6910fda736c53cb8e360c376776bf2d.jpg

6 hours ago, ManSkirtBrew said:

You know the one. I paid $18 shipped for it:

image.thumb.png.bb911d06e3661c23004c130c49a54c05.png

All of the tips it comes with are exactly the same, and all trash.  I don't know why it comes with a dozen of the same tip, but here we are.

So I had the idea of using the tips I have for my Horotec hand setting tool. But how to attach them? Hot glue! The shafts have male threads on them, so I formed a little collar of hot glue around the pusher tip and the threads, then shaved it down with my X-Acto knife.

Slightly less trashy, but for $18 and a few minutes of my time, maybe worth it. Maybe when I'm a famous watchmaker and can justify the absolutely mind-boggling $1,300 for the Bergeon one I'll upgrade, but for now we'll make do.

20230624_211403.thumb.jpg.f6910fda736c53cb8e360c376776bf2d.jpg

I'm confused, you have Horotec one but you bought that ?