Do people know this watch

Hi thank you for the replies. I don't have the watch to hand as it's my friends. I might be able to get it next week. I'm scared of trying anything (especially taking the back off). If it's a mechanism is there a usual way of getting it going again. Also do they tend to be repairable. I took the pics to timpsons and they said that they would have to send it off.  Thanks again everyone 

1 hour ago, rogereli said:

Hi thank you for the replies. I don't have the watch to hand as it's my friends. I might be able to get it next week. I'm scared of trying anything (especially taking the back off). If it's a mechanism is there a usual way of getting it going again. Also do they tend to be repairable. I took the pics to timpsons and they said that they would have to send it off.  Thanks again everyone 

If you are scared to attempt even taking the back off then that is a worry. Being nervous will effect how you deal with any sort of repair. Yes almost any watch is repairable but the tools and skill involved in doing so can be very varied depending on the issue. This looks like a small 80's, even though small and delicate looking they can be quite robust and women tend to be more careful with their possessions. The main problem you have here is not being able to see what you are doing inside, in particular its overall movement size can put off even some seasoned repairers. First try twisting the watch horizonally in the palm of your hand a few times to see if the minute hand moves at all. If it still winds up you should be able to hear the clicking sound synonymous with a mechanical watch. If the winder is stiff do not force it, the watch may just need a service as the oils that help the watch to run will have aged, more so if the watch hasn't been used for some time. Like any mechanical device if not used components can bond together either from corrosion or dried up lubrication. Some history of the watch often helps with a diagnosis of an issue. 

Edited by Neverenoughwatches