Alternatives to Hayear camera recording software

I am a Mac user, and I know I can use Parallels to run the software that Hayear has, but has anyone found a better piece of software (mac or Windows is fine)?  I could just record with Quicktime, but also looking for a way to take just pictures using the connection with the Mac.

I'm not entirely clear on what it is you are wanting to do. Are you wanting to record video from your microscope camera? If so, you will get better quality video recording to the internal SD card vs. connecting  the camera to a computer via USB and recording video from  the computer. I record all of my videos/photos on the internal sd card and  then just pop that card into my computer to transfer the files.

Well, the issue I'm having is how do I know when the thing is recording vs not recording.  Plus, I can't see the image to ensure it is in focus and all that.  If I am running to my computer, I can store it to the HDD and can see what is recording.  I've changed the battery in the remote and it still does not seem to do anything.  When I press the buttons on the top of the unit, it also does not seem like it does anything (other than holding down the one for power which will turn it off).

I'm not familiar with the Hayear brand of camera. I have an Eakins that you can start recording by either using the remote or pressing a button on the camera. There is also a light that starts blinking red on top of the camera when it is recording. I have a monitor on my bench attached via HDMI to the camera so I can see the framing and check focus.

• 3 months later...
On 4/18/2023 at 10:11 PM, GuyMontag said:

I'm not familiar with the Hayear brand of camera. I have an Eakins that you can start recording by either using the remote or pressing a button on the camera. There is also a light that starts blinking red on top of the camera when it is recording. I have a monitor on my bench attached via HDMI to the camera so I can see the framing and check focus.

i have a eakins camera but dint have the software for it and im lost