Well hello there watch peeps, good morning, afternoon or evening.  I hope we are all well.  Onto the subject of a micromotor/ flexible drill shaft, dont think I've seen one mentioned before but i will have a search later. First of all does anybody use one ? . I'm thinking the applications may be a little limited for watch repair, mostly for polishing i would think. The overall construction even for a quality made tool is probably not going to lend itself to precision drilling, but maybe for general basic making of small holes etc 🤔 ( what do most of us use for drilling holes ie. In the making of small bespoke tool items ? A Dremel type tool ? ) . For polishing i can see a wider use, good range of speeds and small more handleable than a Dremel.  I have come across the Foredom brand, very popular but seems to come in two qualities. A blue labeled one ( not cheap ) made in USA and a red labeled one ( quite cheap has the foredom name stamped on the motor but may be a knock off ) not sure where made. Anyone have any experience with either of these or a suggestion of a different brand or alternative idea. TIA 

I have this one (Grobet). I use it for polishing crystals, removing rust, adjusting endlinks, etc. I also got a T30 quickchange handpiece from Aliexpress, but I mistakenly ordered the 2.35mm collet version instead of the 3.0mm so I'm using the handpiece that came with the motor. So far for what I use it for I'm happy with it.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, GuyMontag said:

I have this one (Grobet). I use it for polishing crystals, removing rust, adjusting endlinks, etc. I also got a T30 quickchange handpiece from Aliexpress, but I mistakenly ordered the 2.35mm collet version instead of the 3.0mm so I'm using the handpiece that came with the motor. So far for what I use it for I'm happy with it.

Thanks guy, the Grobet looks like a good quality tool. I'm  used to seeing that brand associated with swiss files. 

31 minutes ago, watchweasol said:

Hi NEW. I like Guy use occasionally, I have two one a Maplin own make and a flexishaft one , not a must have tool but useful and handy mostly for circuit boards.

Thanks WW, its not something I'm desperate to have just yet but I'm sure i will need something like this sooner or later. The dremel i have is suffice for the time being.  

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.