What tool is this?

As it's small its a watchmakers  depthing tool. Clock makers use them as well but they are much bigger 

This instrument was used to test the correct depth (or distance) between parts of a watch, such as the depth between a wheel and a pinion.

depthing tool.jpg

Edited by oldhippy
  • Like 1

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• Er yeah, not quite sure how to respond to that one Mark 😅. But yes i fully appreciate what you have done here today. I look at it like this, i dont know if you have children Mark,  i have a son and a daughter both around 30 years old but still my babies. I remind them every couple of months, " if something happens to me, i get run over by a bus, i have a heart attack while out running, I eat a very dodgy burger, you know where the spare hidden house keys are dont you, you know where the stashes of money are don't you, you know the things i have that are valuable don't you, you know how to deal with my finances don't you, you know the value of my watchroom and where the value lists of all the tools and watch collections i have are dont you, dont mess it up and dont get ripped off i want you to be rich when I'm gone "  This forum is your baby Mark, i dont think i need to say any more. Appreciate your time Mark, live long and prosper matey 🖖
    • Thanks Richard - Send me a PM - we shall discuss and get you set up 👍
    • It's a good point, we really love the forum and are scared of losing it. @Mark do you mind if we exchange contact details?  What happens if you don't wake up in the morning? Hopefully not but @Neverenoughwatches is correct, who knows. Could the site be passed on to someone else? It would be a  travesty to loose contact with each other and also so much information.  Please note, the question arised because we care so much.  We wish that you will live for ever but none of us will.  Beat me too it. 
    • As long as it’s legal and not spamming, information shared in private messaging between two consenting members is no concern of mine matey 👍 this isn’t eBay 🤣