Quartz movement replacement on OBAKU watch.

Hello,

I am experiencing an issue with my Obaku watch - the quartz movement has stopped working and I am attempting to replace it.

However, I am facing difficulty in accessing the watch face.

Although I have successfully removed the quartz movement, I cannot reach the front dial to install the watch hands to the new movment.

The rear cover of the watch has a diameter of 21mm, while the face and glass have a diameter of 30mm.

Is there is a way to push the glass through the case despite the restricted access from the back.

Alternatively, is this a throw away watch that is assembled at the factory in such a way that it's not feasible to replace the quartz.

I need to solve the above problem before I can proceed in ordering replacement movment.

As this watch holds sentimental value to my partner, I would greatly appreciate any assistance on

this matter.

Thank you.

IMG_20230401_121317.jpg

IMG_20230401_121345.jpg

IMG_20230401_122413.jpg

IMG_20230401_122437.jpg

The dial has to go out through the front. There is a metal bezel holding the acrylic crystal in. You can try using a razor to wedge under the bezel and lift it off. Look for a cutout around the bezel to wedge the blade in. Slip the blade into the notch and slowly rock it to create a crack, the work your way all around the bezel until it pops off.

• Like 1