Seagull 36 watch movement - dumb question

So, I have been working my way through some lessons and was taking out the end stone for the balance shaft and PING... off the end stone goes.  I'm mastering the art of losing things, which, funny as it sounds is making me a lot more careful, but obviously not careful enough.

Okay, so now I see why everyone says to practice on the Chinese clone of the movement as I don't feel so bad with it being not too expensive.  With that being said, as opposed to getting a whole new movement and using this as a parts movement, how would I figure out what size end stone I need for the bottom of the balance wheels end stone?  I still have the chaton and the other stone with the hole in it, but just missing the end stone that goes on top of it all.

If you look the hole jewel chaton, there is a seat for the endstone to sit in. If you measure the diameter of the jewel seat, you'll get a rough idea of the size.

I bought a bag of 1000 assorted watch jewels from ebay and have about 100 endstones. But I still can't find the correct size jewels to some of my watches.

I have taken oversized jewels and ground the edges down to fit the shock settings. 

Good luck.

Thanks for the tip.

I believe I saw a image on this site (can't find it now) that shows the endstone has maybe only 5 different sizes.  I think it was a Bergeon image... I'm not sure if that is accurate though. 

Once I figure out the proper size, is there someplace to buy just one?  I know Otto Frei has them, but their shipping prices always seem high.  Are there any other places who carry them?

Cousins used to have individual sized Seitz endstones but I just checked and every size is "discontinued".

I stopped buying stuff from the US as postal rates are crazy. UK postal service is in a mess at the moment. Might have to start learning Chinese and check out Hong Kong supply houses. 🤣